Leave him ALONE…..

Tuesday, April 17, 2012
I feel that trying to get Zack to do what I feel he is supposed instead of letting him be his own kid is my greatest downfall as a parent. Whether it be Easter Sunday and he is not picking up the eggs instead he decides to play with the dog or an old beat up toy truck. I mean honestly who could resist taking a confetti egg and smashing it on someones (primarily Mom or Dad) head. Nope my boy prefers to do his own thing and that I am learning is perfectly ok. 

So I have decided to just leave him alone. Let him explore and yes I am going to let him get into things. How else is he going to learn? Like the great Dory from Finding Nemo once said. 

"If you never let anything happen to him, then nothing will happen to him"

We have to remember that no matter how old these kids are they are their own person. They are going to continue to do their own thing whether we like it or not. Might as well encourage them and help them excel in what they are good at and what they like. Watching Zack completely ignore his cousins on Easter verified this for me. It also makes me happy to know that he is perfectly content to not follow the crowd. While they ran around and played tag my little Zack was playing with the trucks and discovering different bugs. He even ran over a few bugs with his truck. He has a mind of his own and if I constantly keep him from exploring he is never going to learn his way which is of course hands on….everything. So for some advice to my other super moms out there leave your kids alone and watch them explore you might be surprised as to how well they behave and what they can find.

No comments :

Post a Comment