Amazing Discoveries in a Moms World

Monday, January 7, 2013
Being a Mom is an amazing thing. We give up our wants and dreams to think of another persons wants, needs, and future dreams. Let me rephrase that we are willing to give up our wants and dreams for another little life. There's some pretty amazing moms who continue on their paths to doctors, lawyers, teachers, artists, etc and still do an amazing job at being a mother. The thing I can guarantee about all mothers whether we work or stay at home is we would all drop our dreams for the little people we created. I'm still following my dreams to be a photographer but I would drop it in an instant for my boys.
Anyway this post has nothing really to do with our wants or what we've given up. It's more about how we find the simple things the most amazing things instead of caring for those big dreams we have/had. Those little things are just simply amazing. Admit you get more excited about snuggles than say an A on a test. Seriously who else gets excited when their 6 month old finally poops after 4 days? Or when you first discovered the power of magic erasers? Amazing gypsy magic right there. Today I had quite an outing with my boys. They helped me deliver a disc, we went shopping, and they "helped" me get groceries. When we got home the little one was sleepy so I took him up to his bed and he instantly fell asleep. That's another little big thing when your child falls asleep willingly with no tears. Simply amazing! Anyway I came downstairs and got the big boy to go upstairs and sleep.mo cleaned the upstairs bathroom and came down to start dinner prep to discover the big boy drew a giant pirate in black sharpie all over my Japanese refrigerator. My reaction was what a typical moms would be. I slumped to me knees and started to cry and curse the day we chose a Japanese fridge! No I just let out one of those defeated sighs and went and grabbed a wet rag. To my surprise it wiped off instantly. Hmmm....I stopped wiping and got the dry erase eraser. Holy cow it worked! Could my fridge be a dry erase board too? It's not like other fridges it's smooth and doesn't have those weird cracks in it for texture. So I grabbed my hot pink glittery dry erase marker and nearly peed myself when it worked. The possibilities are now endless! I have a dry erase fridge! I quickly wrote my cleaning list and am now blogging instead. Hey....it's a start.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments :

Post a Comment